What is a vision.
A vision board is often a display of images that represent the goals and dreams we have in life. The Board would most likely include cut-out pictures of things like cars, houses, holiday locations, clothes, businesses or other stuff that we desire to have. It also sometimes includes specific words or quotes that will provide inspiration towards the manifestation and achievement of one’s dreams and expectations in life.
Why you should have one.
Some research carried out on the concept of vision boards revealed that the effectiveness of vision boards can be linked to the fact that writing stuff down helps us set priorities, gain self awareness and self reflect on what we want out of life.
The principle of writing things down is in the old testament of the Holy Bible, which therefore is a good example that could be emulated. The bible verses mentioned below are a demonstration of the force behind the simple act of writing things down. Even God wanted Moses to write the commandments down, to serve as a daily reminder to God’s people about God’s expectations of them. Writing stuff down and having to read them constantly definitely has a supernatural and natural effect on us as humans.
- Habakkuk 2:2 – And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
- Romans 15:4 – For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
- Esther 8:8 – Write ye also for the Jews, as it liketh you, in the king’s name, and seal it with the king’s ring: for the writing which is written in the king’s name, and sealed with the king’s ring, may no man reverse.
- Proverbs 3:3-4 – Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
- Exodus 32:15-16. Then Moses turned and went down from the mountain with the two tablets of the testimony in his hand, tablets which were written on both sides; they were written on one side and the other. The tablets were God’s work, and the writing was God’s writing engraved on the tablets.
The Process Of Creating a Vision Board.
1.Find Out What Values You Stand For In Life.
In order to set achievable goals for yourself, you ought to ensure that such goals are in alignment with your personal values. You must reach deep down into your soul and ask yourself;
- What matters to you?
- What gives you a sense of worth?
- What you want to have and become in the future?
- What legacy do you want to leave behind?. These questions should be in the center of your thoughts as you create your goals
2.Determine What Your Motivational Factors Are .
Hounding goals that are naturally motivating to you will definitely be easier to achieve. You have got to have burning love for what you do and what you want to achieve. You therefore must go on another soul searching journey, by asking yourself;
- What exactly do you want, and what are the reason(s) why you want that thing?
- How are the things you want related to your childhood, your past experiences or your present situation?
It would be amazing if you could find out exactly why you chose a particular goal> And you are free to make adjustments along the way, if your soul researching enlightens you on better goals to pursue.
3.Get Your Priorities Straight.
Most vision boards are just a combination of photographs of all the nice cars, houses, money, clothes that we want to have in our lives. Whilst it is good to dream big, making sure your goals are SMART and organised in order of importance is equally essential. Visualizing your priorities on a vision board can be done by placing them on the top of the board or making the infographics stand out based on the colour or size.
Vision Board Ideas
To build a comprehensive vision board, here are some goals that would be nice to include in order to make it complete.
- Health and Fitness goals
- Career and Business goals
- Relationship Goals
- Financial goals
- Education goals
- Spiritual goals
- Personal Development goals
Listen to How Steve Harvey’s Life Changed Because Of His Vision Board.
All the above mentioned goals can be included on the same vision board or you can decide to make a separate board for each goal, whichever works best for you.
Enough of the talking, lets get creative already and bring out that outstanding vision board that will impact your life forever!
The number one objective remains; gaining your financial independence!