Definition of Mind
The mind is defined as “the element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought” ( Oxford Dictionary).
Definition of Brain
Your brain is “your body’s control center. It’s part of the nervous system, which also includes the spinal cord and a large network of nerves and neurons. Together, the nervous system controls everything from your senses to the muscles throughout your body” (healthline.com)
Difference Between Your Brain and Your Mind
Your brain is a complex organ that controls your thoughts, your memory ,your emotions, your touch , your motor skills, your vision, your breathing, your temperature, and every process that regulates your body (Hopkins Medical Center).
Your Mind is the thought processes of reason that brings forth your thoughts about certain issues , your determination, imagination ,perception and even your memory.
Looking at Figure 1, the size of the human brain is outstandingly bigger than that of a mouse, Macaque, and a Chimpanzee, which suggests that humans have a bigger capacity to evolve, and become the best version of themselves.
Now that you know how powerful your mind is, I want you to stop, pickup a pen and write down what you think ,you are thinking about. What are the thoughts, imaginations, perceptions that you have about people, about things, about your job, your health, your finances, your studies, your life, your future, your relationships, and your faith.
Stop making stories up about everything and everyone around you. Start thinking big and dreaming big. The Number one Tennis player Novak Djokovic said this when he was interviewed after his 2020 Wimbledon Grand Slam Victory. “Winning Wimbledon was always the biggest dream for me when I was a kid,”. “A seven-year-old boy in Serbia constructing a Wimbledon trophy with improvised materials and standing here with a sixth real trophy is incredible. It is amazing.”
Today Novak is worth $220 million, and is considered World’s number one. He was passionate about tennis and all he thought about was tennis, to the point where he even constructed his own trophy and visualised him self holding it at the Wimbledon stadium. And thanks to those strong thoughts, he decided to set a goal for himself and at 34 only, he has received that trophy a handful of times.
Set your mind to something, think about it everyday and put in the necessary work to achieve that thing.
What You Must do to Become What You Want to Become.
If your goal is to become independent, you have to think about it as much as you possibly can, and imagine what that independence will mean for you and your family. I encourage you to do the things following;
- Act like an independent person already in the way you go about your day to day business.
- Be mindful of the way you dress( 90% 0f the time,your image will get your foot in the door, what you do when you get there is up to you ).
- Be conscious of how you speak and relate to the people you come across. You never know how , when, and where they may be the corner stone of your life.
- Imagine how you would spend your time, your money, drive your car, donate charitably, and the list goes on, when you finally become independent.
- Spend a lot of time practicing what you want your mind to ponder.
The Power of your Mind.
Your mind is where your success or your failure lies, because “your imagination like anything else, needs fuel for production, and you cannot have something from nothing” (Earl Nightingale).
Becoming independent is maturing into a state of mind where your imagination can bring anything within reality to bear, in your family live, at your job, in your finances, in your relationships, in your businesses, and in all your endeavours.
Align Your Mind With God’s Supernatural Plan.
The most important covenant between the creator of the universe and mankind is the original covenant of creation, whereby God gave man dominion over all other living things (Genesis 1:26-28). This covenant shows the original intent for which God created us. This is the most important covenant in the Bible which shines light on your purpose on earth, as it shows the original intent with which you were created.
To gain confidence, and increase your faith about the power bestowed upon you as a Child of God, it would be reassuring to know your abilities to influence and manage the planet based on the fact that;
- God made you in his image, and likeness and if you believe in your heart that he is in charge of everything, it therefore means you have a creative power and the potential to stretch your imagination to infinite heights.
- God called you to procreate, which means you are expected to plan for your future generation. You are expected to work hard enough in order to leave an inheritance for your offspring, and grandchildren.
- The word dominion also implies we have the capacity to manage the abundant resources that God has put at the disposal of mankind.
Now that you know what you are capable of doing as a child of God, go ahead , download the document below , and write down all the things that you would like to do if money,and time were not a problem.