Women go through a lot of discrimination in our world as a result of gender bias. This is visible in pay gaps, fewer women in leadership roles, unjustified layoffs, sexual harassment, and much more.
Who is a girl?
A girl is a young female human, usually a child or an adolescent. When a girl becomes an adult, she is accurately described as a woman.
A woman is an adult female human and prior to adulthood, a female human is referred to as a girl. The plural women is sometimes used in certain phrases such as “women’s rights” to denote female humans regardless of age.
Why Women Are A Powerful Force To Reckon With.
In order to dwell in the haven of your self worth and god-given power as a woman, you must realise that;
- The best thing that God deemed fit to give to Adam was a woman(Eve).
- A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform. –Diane Mariechild
- All women are called to be a blessing to their companions for the bible says “he that finds a wife, found a good thing and only then shall he proceed to obtain favour in the eyes of God”(proverbs 18:21).
- Men make roads, but it is the women who teach the children how to walk on them. (French Proverb).
- A woman knows by intuition, or instinct, what is best for herself.
All women should therefore understand that from creation, God considered them to be a good thing.
- A woman looks well to the bread of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).
- The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish woman tears it down with her own hands (Proverbs 14:1).
- Strength and dignity are her clothing, And she smiles at the future (Proverbs 31;25).
- She is precious than jewel, and nothing you desire compares to her ( Proverbs 3:15).
- God gave the power of procreation and the continuation of life to the woman (Genesis 9:7).
How to Build Your Empire.
1. Understand your God-given Strengths as a woman
Women are super strong , but unfortunately not too many of us know it. You need to understand that your DNA as a woman is to build and therefore, you have got it all inside you.
2. Don’t lower your standards or question your worth
Given the masculine nature of the society we live in, the opposite gender would most likely want to burst your bubbles or pull you down from being over ambitious or from dreaming big. Don’t let their distractions get to you, remain focused and keep your eye on the goal. And if any man is unhappy about you being an overachiever, you are free to react like Chimamanda Adichie.
3. Leverage on your gender:
The good thing about being a woman is that you can easily get your way with just a smile. The storms that women generally face and successfully brave through are likely to be tougher for men. Perhaps you have wanted a document signed by an administrator who admired your hair, outfit or just your smile and would be kind enough to sign this off for you quickly based on that admiration. This may sound cheeky, but it is very true. When you find yourself in situations like that, “use your girl power to build your empire”.
4. Seek Mentoring:
In order to get to a level of wisdom where your financial independence is more likely than not, most women will need to seek to become mentees of powerful and successful individuals of either gender. Women are more susceptible to being a favourable choice of a mentee, as a result of the docile and obedient nature of the woman. You need to use these naturally endowed qualities to your advantage whilst focusing on developing yourself.Your Self-Development Is Your Responsibility.
At the end of the day, the one and only objective remains that of gaining financial independence.